If you ever get the Date Validation Error of ‘Date must be between [2019-11-30 00:00:00 and …]’ while trying to Add a new record in Quality Window, this error typically occurs because you somehow have a null record in your QW database. The null records are generally caused by power interruptions on either the workstation or the server side, where the buffered data does not get fully written (think pulling a USB drive without ejecting it). Another cause could be interruptions in network communications (bad ethernet cable, bad switch, bad ethernet adapter), and even more causes if using WiFi (loss of signal, microwaves, cordless phones, etc…). The only way to solve the 2019 date issue is to remove the null record(s).
- Check your QW50 folder and see if there is a program called QWCheck.exe
- If there is not, then download it from here: QWCheck.exe Download
- Save it to your QW50 folder.
- Run QWCheck.exe from the QW50 folder.
- Select the QW template that you are having problems with and click on Check.
- The utility will notify the user with how many null records are found:
- eg: 5 null records found.
- If null records are found click on the “Repair” button.
- This will create 3 new files in the same folder with ‘_REPAIRED’ added to the filenames.
- Verify that the affected template is not in use or open in an QW application.
- Rename the 3 files with _”REPAIRED” back to their original names.
- Next open the QW Application and add a record to validate the repair.
Note: The QWCheck.exe utility can also be used to detect duplicate records and any records where the date/time is out of sequence.